Sky: 星を紡ぐこどもたち では、シンプルな格子状のボタンが配置された様々な楽器を集めることができます。
楽器の入手方法を探している方は、, the Props section in the Cosmetics page か Realms をご参照ください。
ゲーム内の譜面の情報をお探しの方は, Music Sheets をご参照ください。
The two bells contain two rows of 4 notes. Each row contains the root, 2nd, 5th and 6th notes of the scale.
The handpan has two rows of 4 notes too. It is a pentatonic scale, of the 4th note of the major scale of the other instruments. E.g. when the player's key is C major for the other instruments, the handpan is F major pentatonic.
There are also collectible in-game music sheets, which let you play a song in time with other players.
Skyでは楽器の音階が変わるエリアがあり、たいていBGM停止後に安定します。Currently you can only get specific keys by going to certain areas that have the right notes in their background music.
(また、[歯車] －[サウンド] － [音楽] でバックグラウンドの音楽をミュートにすることでも同様に調を保持することができます。この場合ヘッドホンは装着されません)
Below, you'll find suggested locations for specific keys. However, these are not the only places which support a specific key of your choice, though notably the most convenient.
The in-game music sheets are usually in C major. These include Music Sheets #3, #4, #5, and #7.
Some places that give you the C major key include:
- The Temple in Hidden Forest. Wait for the background music to finish.
- The Upper or Lower (the Graveyard) Swamps in Golden Wasteland.
Two spots that give the C♯/D♭ major key:
- The starting point for the 8-player puzzle in Daylight Prairie
- The Boneyard in Hidden Forest
Here are four areas which will set your key to D major:
- Go through the portal to Daylight Prairie from Home
- The Temple in Valley of Triumph
- The Battlefield in Golden Wasteland
D sharp/E flat major is the key used when playing Music Sheet #8 (Dismiss Spirit, Season of Gratitude).
Here are two spots for playing with the key E♭ major:
- The Forest's Brook in Hidden Forest.
- The Broken Temple in Golden Wasteland.
If you have Music Sheet 16 from Season of Prophecy, this is the most convenient way to get the E major key.
Otherwise, you can go to the end of Orbit, in the place where you exchange your stars for candles. (Don't walk too far into the level as the music will change.)
Though, by using a technique (pausing your key) demonstrated in the video linked above, you can also play with E major in Eden. However, this requires being able to tell notes by ear. When the desired key is achieved (tested by playing an instrument), pause the in-game music by simply going to the Audio Settings and turning off the music.
Three places that support F major include:
- Sunny Forest in Hidden Forest
- The Citadel in Valley of Triumph
- The first Floor in Vault of Knowledge
The most convenient quiet place with F sharp/G flat major is the Boneyard in Hidden Forest, after the Jellyfish have been released and the background music has finished. Though, there is also a section of the background music in the 8-player elevator where the key for the instruments is G♭ major.
A place with G major is the clearing/Social Area in Hidden Forest, after the background music has finished,
You can also go to the start of Isle of Dawn.
You can get the G sharp/A flat major key in the Coliseum in Valley of Triumph after completing either race, and waiting for the background music to finish.
An area with the key A major is the fourth Floor in Vault of Knowledge.
A sharp/B flat major is the key for Music Sheet #11 (Wise Stance, Season of Belonging).
A place with A sharp/B flat major is the after-Temple area in Hidden Forest, after the background music has finished.
There are a few moments where the key is B major.
To play an instrument with this key, you'll need to use a technique called "pausing your key". To do this, you'll need to be able to tell notes by ear. When the desired key is achieved (tested by playing an instrument), you can turn off the background music in Audio settings, at the right moment, to pause your key.
B major is part of the background music in:
- The Boneyard in Hidden Forest. Activate the Jellyfish - the beginning of the music will be in B major.
- Towards the end of a race in Valley of Triumph. A section towards the end of the music is in B major.
- The second Floor of Vault of Knowledge. A section of the music will be in B major
This section has now been moved to Music Sheets.
This documents the range of each instrument, using scientific pitch notation.
ピアノ、フルート、 パンフルート、 ビューグル、オカリナ
The regular piano starts on middle C (C4) in C major. The starting notes of the keys afterwards continue up all the way to B5 for B major.
For the other instruments, C major is the lowest scale and B major is the highest scale. For the two seasonal bells, when your key is G, A♭, A, B♭ or B, the bells' sounds are lower than they are in C.
A lot of sounds are in tune with your key, including the call of your voice, the sound of forging candles, and some Expressions:
In an interview with FMOD, the Sky sound designer mentioned this technical detail.
Which technical detail are you most proud of?
Ritsu: The tone of many sound effects are pitch shifted in real-time according to the music key. This avoided subconscious player discomfort caused by discord between music and sound effect.
You may find these tables useful when choosing a key to transcribe other songs into Sky.
|3||イ長調||ド♯, ファ♯, ソ♯|
|4||ホ長調||ファ♯, ソ♯, ド♯, レ♯|
|5||ロ長調||ド♯, レ♯, ファ♯, ソ♯, ラ♯|
|3||変ホ長調||ミ♭, ラ♭, シ♭|
|4||変イ長調||ラ♭, シ♭, レ♭, ミ♭|
|5||変ニ長調||レ♭, ミ♭, ソ♭, ラ♭, シ♭|
|6||変ト長調||ソ♭, ラ♭, シ♭, ド♭, レ♭, ミ♭|
These are short summaries of some fan-created tools to aid with playing music in Sky.
(Please keep it to short summaries; the wiki is not an advertising page.) The app/website must also follow thatgamecompany’s Terms of Service for supplemental apps and services, which includes not being sold or having sold items or services.
Sky Music Simulator
This website allows you to Play, Record, Practice,Compose and share songs. The user can chose instruments (Piano, Drums, Bells, Guitar, Xylophone, Flute, Harp), the key (to match the ones in the different Realms), turn on/off the cave mode. The user can also create an account with which they can save songs to be used in multiple devices and share them by link. There is also the song composer and a MIDI conversion tool to auto compose songs. It is available in 11 languages.
Sky Instrument Practice
The website allows you to practice with multiple different instruments. For example: the harp, drums, bass harp, piano, flute, pan flute, guitar, ukulele, winter piano, xylophone, small bell, and big bell. You can change the pitch and add reverb. Other than that, it also gives information for each day’s candles.
created by Maple
This app allows to do these things:
1. Compose & listen simple music sheet for sky instrument.
2. Practice using sheet files.
3. Play freely using instrument pad.
Other features: instrument changing, pitch control, cave mode, compatible sheet files with the Sky Music Simulator.
Sky Piano Simulator (Sky 光遇音乐)
skysheetmusic.com made by team ikina
You can change the key of the piano, and record songs.
Forums and websites
- thatgamecompany fan forum Several fan abc-notation music sheets posted there.
- Sky Music Sheets - a fan managed site with visual Sky music sheets.
- Official Sky Discord server There is a music channel in the official Sky Discord server.
- #music channel on fan Sky: Friends of the Light Discord Invite link to join the fan Sky: Friends of the Light Discord server. There is discussion about music in the #music channel.
- Tara's Sky server #music-space channel another music channel.
- "Using sound design to tell a story" - interview with thatgamecompany's sound designers about the music and instruments in Sky